Black Olive and Sun dried Tomato
Delicious recipe served at our Blue Lady Mystery Tea
- 4.25 oz of chopped black olives
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce (see below)
- 3 T drained, chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 3 T pine nuts, toasted and chopped
- Pepperidge Farms Original White Bread
- 3 oz cream cheese
To make spread: combine olives, pesto sauce, tomatoes, pine nuts. chill at least 1 hour. Butter each slice of bread, spread layer of cream cheese on one slice, dollop olive and tomato spread in middle. Place second piece of bread on top, cut into sandwiches, cut off crust.
- 6 T olive oil
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 1 T pine nuts
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
To make pesto: In food processor combine olive oil, then basil, pine nuts, garlic and salt. Blend to fine puree' then stir in cheese. Makes 1 cup.