Dulce de Leche "Sweet Milk"
We made this delicious treat for our Argentina Cultural Tea Party. We used this delicious recipe for the soft middle of the Alfajores or "cornstarch cookies"
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Pour 2 - 14 oz. cans of sweetened condensed milk in 10" glass pie plate. Mix in a few flecks of sea salt
- Cover pie plate with heavy duty aluminum foil
- Immerse pie plate in another baking dish with hot water approximately 1/2" distance up the side of the pie plate
- Bake 1 1/2 hours. The milk will brown and caramelize.
- Super yummy for cookies, Brenda's Signature Scones, or top of ice cream.