Lemon Mousse Tartlets
- 2 1/2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 10 Tablespoons melted butter (more if needed)
Preheat oven to 325°
Combine above ingredients and press into mini cheese cake pans (about 1/2 way up sides)
- 1 package unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 eggs yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
Soften gelatin in water - let stand about 15 minutes. In another bowl, combine sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolks, and vanilla. Whisk over medium heat until mixture thickens. Approximately 160°
Add into this mixture softened gelatin. Whisk until smooth about 1 minute. Chill.
Beat cream until foamy - gradually add powdered sugar and beat till soft peaks. Add lemon extract. Fold cream into cooked/chilled lemon mixture in 4 batches. Combine well.
Chill at least 3 hours. Spoon into prepared gingersnap shells. Fresh raspberries on top.
We found this wonderful recipe in Tea Time Magazine from May 1, 2007.