Peaches and cream in layers - over a graham cracker crust. We served this outstanding dessert at several of our summer tea parties.
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 - 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 - 8 oz frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups thinly sliced ripe peaches (or 1 package frozen, thawed)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 4 Tablespoons
- 3 oz box peach flavored gelatin
- 1 - 12 oz container frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- Sliced peaches for garnish
1. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup sugar and butter. Press into bottom of 13x9x2" baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and confectioner's sugar. Beat at medium speed until smooth. Beat in 8 oz. whipped topping and vanilla. Spread over graham cracker layer.
3. In a medium bowl, combine peach slices with 1/4 cup sugar. Omit sugar if using frozen peaches. Place peach slices evenly over cream cheese.
4. In a medium saucepan, combine water, remaining 1 1/4 cup sugar and flour. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in peach gelatin; let cool completely. Spread over peach layer.
5. Spread 12 oz whipped topping over gelatin layer.
6. Garnish with peaches.