One of the best. Simply delicious paired with a cup of tea!
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup strong brewed tea, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 1 recipe Cinnamon Glaze (see below)
Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour 9◊5x3-inch loaf pan. In medium bowl, sift flour and brown sugar. Add tea, oil, and egg. Using electric mixer at medium speed, beat until well combined.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 1 hour 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool 10 minutes in pan; remove to wire rack and cool completely. Slice and cut into diamonds or desired shape; drizzle with cinnamon glaze.
- 1 cup confectionersí sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine confectionersí sugar and cinnamon. Whisk in milk and vanilla extract until smooth.
Makes 1 loaf. Recipe from Tea Time Magazine November/December