Can a tea sandwich really taste this good and be this good for you? We love this recipe and give many thanks to Shelley and Bruce Richardson for sharing this yummy sandwich in their recipe book The Tea Table.
- 1 cup oil-packed sun dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 12 oz jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 loaf rye, whole wheat or black olive bread
Chop all ingredients (except bread) in a food processor to make a coarse paste. Season with salt and pepper. Spread on slice of hearty bread. Top with another slice. Trim all edges, then slice diagonally into four triangle sandwiches.