This is a beautiful open face sandwich with sliced strawberries on top.
- 1 - 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup slivered toasted almonds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices honey-wheat bread, crust removed, cut into thirds, and toasted
- 1 - 1 lb. package strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
Mix together first 6 ingredients until thoroughly combined. Spread cream cheese mixture onto toasted bread. Garnish with three strawberries each.
Recipe from TeaTime Magazine