A tangy sandwich that is good with a sweet dessert! If gogi berries are hard to find golden currants are a good substitute.
- 18 – 2″ squares very thin wheat bread
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons country Dijon-style mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-light olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups finely shredded, cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup cooked multi-grain rice
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup dried goji berries
Preheat oven to 350°. Place bread squares on a baking sheet and toast lightly until crisp. About 6-10 minutes.
In a container of a blender combine champagne vinegar, shallots, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. Blend until mixture is uniform.
With motor running slowly add oil, blending until mixture thickens. Set vinaigrette aside.
In a large bowl, combine turkey, rice, celery and gogi berries. Gently mix vinaigrette and turkey mixture. Spoon mixture on toasted points just before serving.